TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MEMBERSHIP IN MILLENNIUM RACING CLUB.
These terms and conditions (‘the Terms’) set out the contractual basis on which Millennium Racing Club LLP (partnership number OC429750 and with its registered office at 60 Hinckley Road, Sapcote, Leicestershire, LE9 4LG) (“the Club”) allows the person who subscribes to membership of the Club (‘Member’ and ‘Membership’ respectively) to have access (for the duration of their Membership) to certain benefits associated with the Club’s ownership of the horses currently in training. The named but not exhaustive benefits are as follows:-
i. To receive a 1% share in any of the prize money won by the Club’s horse to which the member has been assigned in accordance with the Terms.
ii. Regular Updates on the horse.
iii. Inclusion in a club forum via the Whats’app platform.
iv. Balloted owners and trainers badges for race days.
v. Ticket Giveaways for race days.
vi. Yard visits to the trainers responsible for horses in the club, and other training establishments.
2. Under the direction of the management of the operating company, the welfare of any of the horses leased by the Racing Club is paramount at all times.
3. Membership will run for 12 months from the date of this agreement or 12 months from the “on sale” date advertised with each horse, whichever is lesser.
4. The number of races in which the horses will run in (if any) during the ownership year cannot be guaranteed and is at the discretion of the trainer after consultation with the management of the Club.
5. Membership is limited to 100 members per horse in training and never oversold. Should members forfeit their membership by non payment of fees, the Club reserve the right to re-sell membership in proportion to the % of prize money available for distribution.
6. The Club’s subscription fees are payable either up front at a discounted rate, or monthly by direct debit. Non-payment of the fees due on the monthly payment plan when they are due constitutes a material breach of the Terms.
7. Prize money is to be distributed at the end of each calendar month in which funds are received by the Club. Each member will receive 1/100 of the funds received by Millenium Racing Club after the trainer and Jockeys winning share has been deducted. The amount is calculated in accordance with clause 8 below.
8. The amount paid to Members in respect of each race is determined by the net total paid to the Club by Weatherbys (excluding VAT). The only deductions made from the total Members prize money fund are any entry/supplement fees and racehorse transport costs where the race occurs outside of Great Britain. Any BOBIS (British Owners & Breeders Incentive Scheme), or similar, payments made to the Club, above prize money won, will be retained by the Club.
9. In all circumstances the Membership fee paid by Members is not subject to any additional requests for payment in relation to the keeping and training of the racehorses, regardless of the costs the Club may incur.
10. Membership should not be treated as an investment and is primarily a vehicle for entertainment. Membership is not sold as an investment opportunity; there can never be any guarantee of any future level of prize money.
11. At the end of each 12 month Membership period, each Member will be asked if they would like to renew their Membership. This may not be on an individual basis but implied by interaction surrounding the renewal in the forum. If a Member does not renew their Membership within this 7 day period, the Club reserves the right to offer the Membership to a new Member. If a Member chooses not to renew at the end of the 12 months period, the Membership will expire. There is no commitment to remain a Member after the 12 months period has expired.
12. The Membership fee shall include the provision of occasional tipping advice within our WhatsApp forum. When providing this advice, no guarantees can be made in any respect. Information shared by the management of Millennium Racing Club is for entertainment purposes only and the Members shall be solely responsible for deciding how to use it. The Club shall not bear any responsibility for the accuracy of such information or be liable to the Members for any losses they may suffer by following the advice given.
13. Consumer legislation gives a Member the right to cancel a new contract they enter into with the Club within 14 days of the date it is agreed. A Member can cancel their new Membership by returning their membership pack within 14 days of purchase and the Club will refund their payment in full.
14. All decisions relating to the horses, trainers, administration, and general management, shall made by the managers of the Club.
15. Where a Member regularly fails to abide by the rules of the Club, including wearing the relevant dress code or acting in a manner which could cause embarrassment, offence or distress to another person, or a Member is warned due to the consumption of alcohol, that Member may be barred from attending any future Club events and may not be able to renew his/her Club Membership. The decision of the managers of the Club in such circumstances shall be final and binding. Rules of the Club are set out in our code of conduct set out on the website.
16. When Members are granted access to on course privileges such as parade ring access, use of designated facilities and similar, they must behave appropriately at all times and breach of this obligation shall constitute a material breach of the Terms. Persons entering any area of the racecourse on an unauthorised basis may be reported to the stewards and this could result in a racecourse ban.
17. Any person who is banned from entering a racecourse and/or ‘warned off’ by the BHA, cannot be a Member.
18. Flash photography is not permitted at any events or in the racing yard without prior permission.
19. Membership is for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
20. It is understood by the Member that;
i. full legal and equitable title to the horses owned or leased by the Club and acquired by the Club from time to time remains at all times with the Club1
ii. at no time does the Member have any legal or equitable interest in any of the horses owned by the Club; and
iii. all rights conferred to the Member by the Club are personal to the Member alone and may not under any circumstances whatsoever be gifted, bequeathed, sold, assigned, leased, form part of a loan, offered or granted as security to any third parties.
21. The Club reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
22. In respect of events:
i. Any tickets issued shall remain the property of the Club at all times and are subject to the Terms and compliance with the Club’s code of conduct.
ii. The member may not re-sell or transfer a ticket. Tickets cannot be returned for a full or partial refund under any circumstances.
iii. Members should check their emails and the Club website before setting off for any event. If the Club is aware in advance of any last-minute changes to schedule etc., this will be communicated to the Members in the forum, on the Club’s website or via social media.
iv. Admission to any event will only be granted on production of a valid ticket, which must be available for inspection throughout the event. The right to refuse admission to an event is reserved by the Club and/or the event venue, who may take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account at their reasonable discretion and may carry out security searches. No refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue for any reason.
v. Events are subject to cancellation at short notice. The Club shall not be responsible if any event is affected by weather, or any other reason beyond its control. The Club, and/or the event venue, reserves the right to abandon or cancel the event without notice and without being liable to pay any compensation or offer any refund to Members.
vi. The Club, and/or the event venue, reserves the right to make changes to the event details advertised without prior notice.
vii. Attending any event is at the ticket holder’s own risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any accident/injury or loss/damage to property.
viii. By attending an event, the Member gives the Club and/or the event venue their consent to use their image or likeness in any live or recorded video display, photo/picture, publicity material or website.
ix. Should there be an issue with the Member’s enjoyment of an event, the Member should bring this to the immediate attention of the Club event staff, who will endeavour to rectify any problem.
x. The Club reserves the right to refuse entry, future bookings, eject Members and/or their guests from an event, for any reason at its reasonable discretion.
23. On stable visits:
i. Members and their guests are not permitted to bring food or drink within the proximity of horses at any time.
ii. Smoking and/or the consumption of alcohol unless is strictly prohibited at all times at stable visits unless clearly communicated by a manger of the Club.
iii. Please note that a Club horse, trainer or stud manager may not be in attendance at a stable or stud visit if there is a racing engagement, or any other reason beyond the Club’s control, without prior notice.
iv. No children under the age of 14 are permitted to attend a stable visit.
24. Liability: Except for any legal responsibility that the Club cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), the Club is not legally responsible for any;
i. losses that were not foreseeable to the Member and the Club when these Terms were agreed; and that were not caused by any breach of the Terms on the part of the Club
ii. business losses, including loss of business, loss of profits, loss of management time and loss of business opportunity.
iii. The Club’s total liability to each Member is limited to the amount of the Member’s Membership subscriptions.
25. The Club reserves the right to terminate a Member’s Membership on notice at any time if that Member is in material breach of the Terms or the Code of Conduct.
26. If the Member and the Club cannot resolve a dispute using the Club’s internal complaint handling procedure and either of the parties want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Terms and the law of England and Wales will apply.