CODE OF CONDUCT
In becoming a member of Millennium Racing Club, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct.
Disregard or breaches of this code reported to the management of Millennium Racing Club, may result in the offending member being suspended or removed from the club. Members are therefore requested to communicate any breaches of this code of conduct to the Management, Namely Joshua Stacey, Joe Tuffin or Ben Atkins. Misconduct will in the first instance be dealt with quickly and informally. Serious, or repeated breaches will almost certainly result in exclusion from the club.
Millennium Racing club is your club and we want you to make the most of it, but never at the expense of others.
Expected Standards of General Conduct
Members should :
1. Show courtesy and respect for other members of the Club.
2. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, treating everyone equally within the context of the club, regardless of gender, religion, age or sexual orientation.
3. Respect the spirit of racing, by promoting inclusion and encouragement of people who are new to the sport.
4. Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never display or condone the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence, or conduct that may be construed as unethical.
5. Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage all members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and conduct.
6. Ensure all concerns of a safeguarding nature are referred to an appropriate person, i.e management of Millennium Racing Club.
7. Promote the good reputation of the club and never behave or condone others to behave in a manner that is liable to bring the club, it’s managers or racing in general into disrepute.
On-line Code of Conduct
Any communications made by members through Millennium Racing Club social media or via Whats’app should not:
1. Bring the sport, club or its members into disrepute, for example, by:
Making defamatory comments about individuals, the club, or other organisations posting images that are inappropriate or links to inappropriate content.
Be seen to support (for example by ‘liking’ on Facebook or retweeting on Twitter) a comment or post that would fall into any of the above categories. Please don’t retweet or like any comment which you wouldn’t own as yours)
2. Breach confidentiality, for example by:
Giving away information about an individual i.e club member or club manager that is confidential.
Revealing information held in relation to the club, it’s members or management where there would be reasonable expectation of confidentiality.
3. Do anything that could be considered discriminatory against, or bullying or harassment of, any individual, for example by:
Making offensive or derogatory comments relating to gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age;
Posting images that are discriminatory or offensive.
4. No comment should ever be made about an individual or subject that:
Exposes someone to hatred, ridicule or contempt
Causes them to be shunned or avoided
Disparages them in their social position, profession or trade.
5. Make misrepresentations relating to Millennium Racing Club.